(NEXSTAR) – As it continues to face financial uncertainty, home goods chain Bed Bath & Beyond is preparing to close 150 stores and cut its workforce by around 20%. The retailer released a list identifying more than a third of those stores that are expected to close in the coming weeks.
Bed Bath & Beyond announced plans to close 150 namesake stores in August, with interim director and CEO Sue Grove calling it a “back to basics” philosophy aimed at allowing the company to focus on better serving customers. customers and drive growth.
At the time, the company estimated the cuts would save $250 million in its current fiscal year. Days after the decision was made public, Bed Bath & Beyond chief financial officer Gustavo Arnel fell from a skyscraper in midtown Manhattan and was pronounced dead at the scene.
As of May, Bed Bath & Beyond operated 955 stores: 769 namesake stores, 135 buybuy Baby stores, and 51 stores under the Harmon, Harmon Face Values or Face Values names.
This week, Bed Bath & Beyond released a list of 56 stores set to close, all of which are namesake Bed Bath & Beyond stores.
Here is the full list by state:
- Phoenix: 34750 N. North Valley Parkway
- Tucson: 5225 South Calle Santa Cruz
- Burbank: 201 East Magnolia Blvd.
- Lakewood: 75 Lakewood Mall
- Larkspur: 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle
- Marina: 117 General Stilwell Drive
- Palmdale: 39421 West 10th Street
- Redding: 1140 Hilltop Drive
- San Leandro: 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240
- Health: 9918 Mission Gorge Road
- Stamford: Ridgeway Mall, 2275 Summer Street
- Waterford: 850 Hartford Turnpike
- Sanford: 111 Towne Center Blvd.
- Sunrise: 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Anchor C
- Snellville: Presidential Market Center, 1905 Scenic Hwy Suite 5000
- Suwanee: 2623 Peachtree Pkwy
- Bourbonnais: 2056 North State Route 50
- Carbondale: University Mall, 1265 E. Main Street
- Fairview Heights: Fairview Center, 6611 N. Illinois
- Gurnee: 6132 Grand Avenue, Gurnee Mills Mall
- Joliet: 2850 Plainfield Road
- Schaumburg: 915 East Golf Road
- Dubuque: 2475 artery NW
- Waterloo: 1522 Flammang Drive
- Town of Bossier: 2900 Meadow Creek Drive
- Dorchester: 8B Allstate Road, Suite 1
- Milford: 230 Fortune Blvd.
- Search: 35 Highland Avenue
- Chesterfield: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Road
- Northville: Northville Retail Center, 17223 Haggerty Road
- Walker: Green Ridge Square, 3410 Alpine Avenue NW
- Township of White Lake: 9050 Highland Road
- St Cloud: 3959 Second Street South
- Flanders: 30 International Drive, Suite 1
- Manalapan: 13 Route 9 South
- Paramus: 34 E Ridgewood Avenue
- Farmingdale: 251 Airport Plaza Blvd.
- Middletown: 470 Route 211 East, Suite 3
- Mount Vernon: 500 East Sandford Blvd.
- New Hartford: 4805 Commercial Drive
- Plattsburgh: 73 Center Drive, Suite 100
- Sparks: 195 Los Altos Drive
- Charlotte: The Arboretum, 3413 Pineville-Matthews Road
- Cincinnati: 3681 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Hamilton: Bridgewater Falls, 3451 Princeton Road
- Perrysburg: 10027 Fremont Pike
- Sandusky: 4020 Milan Road, Unit 910
- Beaverton: 2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
- Wynnewood: 70 E. Wynnewood Blvd.
- Bayamon Plaza Del Sol, 725 West Main Avenue
- Port Arthur: Central Mall 3100 Highway 365 Suite 114
- Wichita Falls: 3201 Lawrence Rd, Suite A
- Christiansburg: 135 Shoppers Way NW
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Road
- Lakewood: 5830 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd., SW
Bed Bath & Beyond did not immediately respond to Nexstar’s request for additional information, including when those stores will close, other stores are expected to close and how many employees will be affected.
In addition to closing stores, the company said last month it would transition to its original strategy of focusing on national brands rather than pushing its own store brands.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.