Social Security: How can I change my address?

For those who get either Social security benefits or are registered with Health Insuranceyou can register a change of address via a My Social Security account. You need to click on a link which appears as ‘My profile‘ which will be on the right side of your screen.

Click on ‘Update contact information‘ and please register your new address. Among the options, you will have the possibility to choose between making the change immediately or in the future on a date of your choice. After reviewing your new information, click ‘Submit‘. You’ll be good to go after that.

What if I don’t have an online account?

If you need it, you can also use the ‘My social security‘ account to change your phone number that you gave to the Social Security Administration (ASS). If you still haven’t created an online account, please call SSA to report your new address or contact information to Customer Service. The number is 800-772-1213 or you can also go to the nearest SSA National Customer Service Office.

Google will have the address of the closest you can visit. All local offices were closed during the peak of the pandemic, but most have been open since April 7. However, the SSA recommends that you call them to make an appointment instead of trying to show up and waiting a long time to speak to one of their staff.

Always keep in mind that you must have a US mailing address to use my social securityadvantages. If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you can use the online service to verify your address, but you cannot change it. To make changes, please contact the SSA directly.


Leave a Comment